Friday, February 25, 2011

Health Care, what is wrong part I.

Heck we all get sick, sooner or later we will all need medical attention.  It's a given.

Anybody can walk into an emergency room and receive treatment.  No sane human would want it any other way.

So why would people in our country want a system where you could opt out of being covered.  Why would we let employers get away with not contributing to their employee's inevitable trip for medical assistance.  If you are poor enough you get medicaid, if you are rich enough you get the best plan you can afford.

Since I own my own business and do fairly well, I can afford $600 a month for a policy with a $10,000 deductible for a married couple.

I also think only 65-70% of the money I pay actually ends up paying for health care, the rest to administration, profits & oh yeah, having them deny people who do want to pay, but are bad risk because they might have a pre-existing condition.

And then when I do get health care, my bills are over-inflated because, they need to pay for the folks who can't afford to pay.

The only break I get is that if I do pay on time, I get a break, usually 10% off for prompt payment.

So back to $600 a month for insurance, How the hell can anybody raising children and not making really good money afford anything close, unless it is paid at least mostly by an employer.  

And then when I will get old & really need the insurance company to cover bills for my frail used body, what do they do, turn the bill over to the government.

No comments:

Post a Comment